Brief Introduction to JUST
Jinwen University of Science and Technology (JUST) was originally established and named as
Currently, there are 16 departments and 4 graduate programs within 4 colleges at JUST:
1. College of Hospitality & Tourism
Department of Leisure & Recreation Management, Department of Food & Beverage Management, Department of Travel Management, Department of Hotel Management,
Graduate Program of Tourism & Hospitality Management
Department of Accounting, Department of International Trade, Department of Business Administration, Department of Information Management, Department of Financial and Tax Planning, Department of Finance, Department of Environment & Property Management,
Graduate Program of Environment & Property Management for Professionals
Department of Applied English, Department of Applied Japanese, Department of Visual Communication Design,
4. College of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Department of Electronic Engineering, Department of Computer Science & Information Engineering,
Graduate Institute of Computer & Telecommunications
The characteristics of JUST:
1. Excellent Campus Facilities & International Safety Certification: The campus of JUST has modern and excellent facilities and has been certified as a safe school by the International Safe Schools (ISS) of the World Health Organization (WHO). JUST lies on a spacious and scenic campus with 116,191 square meters and 83,387 square meter dormitory. To provide all faculty and students with a safe learning environment, JUST applied for the certification of a safe school and was certified as an international safe school by WHO, United Nations, in May 2010.
2. Qualified Faculty & Outstanding Academics: Top-notch teaching faculty provides the best teaching quality at JUST. The number of teaching faculty attaining the rank of assistant professor has been over 65%. Meanwhile, 38 lecturers are in the process of pursuing their Ph.D. degrees. JUST especially places emphasis on the improvement of teaching quality, and has been deemed the
3. Assured Employment & Actualized Business Cooperation: That graduation equals employment is accomplished through vocational technical education. JUST stresses interactive business internships, encourages cooperative teaching with industry experts, and actively promotes off-campus and overseas internship opportunities. To develop students’ competitive edges and to fulfill the goal of 100% employment for graduates, a career consulting center is being established, and we are planning a series of consulting courses and activities for freshmen to seniors.
4. Nation’s Lowest Tuition & Highest Student Care Quality: Tuition at JUST has not been increased since 2000, being listed as the nation’s lowest by the MOE. Under the supervision of the non-profit Board of Trustees, all school revenues are spent on teaching and research, as well as scholarships, part-time job opportunities and financial aids for students, all of which help students concentrate on their studies.
In the future, JUST will not only become better, but will strive to become the best. We welcome those who are able to meet this challenge to become members of JUST.